Friday, October 23, 2009

Still can't lose the belly fat? This might be the reason

We all have stressful lives. We know that. But at the same times, we need some amount of stress in our lives. Otherwise, our lives will be boring as hell. Also, we will have low motivation in lives and thus, cannot fulfill our true potential completely.

However, too much stress in your life can be detrimental to your health. I believe you should know this. I cannot be wrong about this. BUT, what most people don’t know is how stress degrades their health. Even more people don’t know that stress can be the reason your body keeps holding to that stubborn belly fat.

I strongly believe you know that stress contributes to high blood pressure, stroke, and heart disease. AND THIS IS TRUE. Here is what actually happens. When your stress level goes up, more free radical compounds are formed in your body. Just as I said in “Cholesterol, VILLAIN or FRIEND?”, these compounds create inflammation within your body, particularly on arterial blood vessels. Consequently, this will require the cholesterol to action as a “band-aid” or a healing substance to cover and heal the inflammation (which also means it gets deposited on arterial blood vessel walls). Finally, this will cause a heart problem and hypertension. Again, don’t blame the cholesterol here, it just does what it does best, healing the inflamed arterial blood vessels.

The one thing to blame here is the formation of free-radical compound, which is caused by many factors, such as STRESS. So, that is one reason why you should limit your stress level. If one reason is not enough you, here is another one. STRESS MAKES YOU FAT, or at least, STRESS PREVENTS YOU FROM BEING LEAN AND/OR MUSCULAR.

Here is what happens when you have a high level of stress (and this is what most people don’t know, so your are privileged to discover this). High level of stress increases the production of, so called, “fat-storing” hormone, Cortisol, in our bodies. This hormone promotes fat storing in the body (which is not what we want to get lean and lose fat, right?).

There is a scientific explanation regarding this “behavior”. In the past, most stress our ancestors had was due to lack of food. Therefore, when they got stressed, their bodies naturally stored more fat by producing more Cortisol hormone, just in case they could not find any more food for a long time. Since we are their descendants and we belong to the same evolution line as them, we have inherited this behavior, although in our case, lacking of food is not the source of our stress for most of the time.

Even worse, not only this hormone promotes fat storing, it also creates “catabolic” environment in your body. Catabolic environment promotes muscle break down and prevents muscle building. Again, there is logic behind this.

Like I said in “How many crunches/sit ups per day is the best -> NOT IMPORTANT”, muscles are the most energy-inefficient to maintain. They require A LOT of energy to maintain. Since Cortisol is produced primarily because the body thinks there is a scarcity of energy (food), it promotes “Catabolic” environment in the body which will cause more muscles to be broken down and make the body more “energy-efficient”.

So, not only that stress causes us to store more fat, it also causes us to lose muscles. Since we lose muscles, we will store even more fat because we lose our fat-burning/calorie-burning machine in our bodies. This will soon become sick cycle.

Therefore, control your stress level. If you feel your work has already given you enough stress or you are stuck somewhere in your work, just stop for a while. Take a walk and relax, do something else for a while. Keep your mind off the work. Then after some time, go back to your desk and start working again with fresh and clear mind. And even better, sometimes, you can actually work more productively when you are relaxed and out of stress and more often than not, once your mind is fresh and clear, you can find that the problem you were stuck with before is actually simple and easy to solve. The key here is just to KNOW WHEN TO STOP, when things already get “TOO HOT TO HANDLE”

That is what often happens to me. Aside from working as a Personal Trainer and Sport Nutritionist, I also work as a full-time software engineer. As a software engineer, the primary task involves programming, which can be VERY VERY stressful when you find some problems in your code/script/program and you don’t know where the problems are (even one single problem is STRESSFUL ENOUGH). You have done everything you can think of but the problems are still there. You are stuck with them. But here is what I do. I say to myself, “OK. It’s time to stop now. This is getting out of hand. Probably, I just should not solve it now. Let’s stop, and do something else.” After that, I take walk (to the toilet most of the time), take some water, go back, try to do other office works (Quite hectic, isn’t it? I have more than one project to deal with sometimes). Once I feel ready, I go back to the “problematic” code and somehow, everything looks clearer and now I can see the problems and solve it.

So, are you stressed out right now? If you are, have courage to say, “OK. It’s time to stop. Let’s do something else.” That is where most people have trouble with, they can’t stop, they don’t know how to stop, and they don’t know when to stop.

Till next newsletter, keep working hard (at office and gym), BUT DON’T GET STRESSED OUT, instead, ENJOY LIFE.

TobiasKG
AMFPT Certified Personal Trainer
AMFPT Certified Sport Nutritionist
Creator of RoadToSixPack.blogspot.com

6 comments:

  1. Hey Guys…! I love your website! I got my herbs from Dr Akim, who guided me through setting some realistic goals for myself. I just wanted to advise you about Dr Akim,he is the best and his herbs can make you slim and smart in just two weeks..that is why i wrote this post… i was so fat that no man had interest in me because i eat too much fat..i have tried many exercises and medications,but it didn’t work,until i got to meet Dr Akim on a magazine where i got his email address..i had to contact him because i have lost hope..so when i did,he replied and told me what to do and when i got his herbs,i used it and i started seeing changes in my body and i lost weight and now i look so slim,smart ,sexy and fabulous..I just wanted to let you guys know! that Dr Akim is the one and only helper…I really appreciate all your help and how they are geared towards leading a healthy lifestyle : )! All the best! Oh and his email is bestlovedoctor@yahoo.com …or call him on +2348159645271 …thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My name is tucker stacey.This is a very joyful day of my life because of the help Dr.Trust has rendered to me by helping me get my ex husband back with his magic and love spell. i was married for 6 years and it was so terrible because my husband was really cheating on me and was seeking for a divorce but when i came across Dr.Trust email on the internet on how he help so many people to get thier ex back and help fixing relationship.and make people to be happy in their relationship. i explained my situation to him and then seek his help but to my greatest surprise he told me that he will help me with my case and here i am now celebrating because my Husband has change totally for good. He always want to be by me and can not do anything without my present. i am really enjoying my marriage, what a great celebration. i will keep on testifying on the internet because Dr.Trust is truly a real spell caster. DO YOU NEED HELP THEN CONTACT DOCTOR TRUST NOW VIA EMAIL: Ultimatespellcast@yahoo.com or call +2348156885231 or ultimatespellcast@gmail.com. He is the only answer to your problem and make you feel happy in your relationship.

      Delete
    2. My love life has changed for better since the interference of the most powerful spell caster on earth called Dr.Trust in my relationship, My testimony today is in regard of the help that Dr.Trust render me when my lover departed from me. My name is melisa from UAE and it gives me joy today in writing this testimony as a way of showing my appreciation to Dr.Trust and at the same time i am use this opportunity to advise those that are finding stress and pains in their relationship or marriages to contact Dr.Trust who is the best spell caster in the world through these contact him through is via web sit http://ultimatespellcast8.wix.com/ultimatespellcast or email Ultimatespellcast@gmail.com or call +2348156885231 Because Dr.Trust is the only one that can restore your marriage or relationship with love. He can also help to win lottery spell.

      Delete
  2. My name is tucker stacey.This is a very joyful day of my life because of the help Dr.Trust has rendered to me by helping me get my ex husband back with his magic and love spell. i was married for 6 years and it was so terrible because my husband was really cheating on me and was seeking for a divorce but when i came across Dr.Trust email on the internet on how he help so many people to get thier ex back and help fixing relationship.and make people to be happy in their relationship. i explained my situation to him and then seek his help but to my greatest surprise he told me that he will help me with my case and here i am now celebrating because my Husband has change totally for good. He always want to be by me and can not do anything without my present. i am really enjoying my marriage, what a great celebration. i will keep on testifying on the internet because Dr.Trust is truly a real spell caster. DO YOU NEED HELP THEN CONTACT DOCTOR TRUST NOW VIA EMAIL: Ultimatespellcast@yahoo.com or call +2348156885231 or ultimatespellcast@gmail.com. He is the only answer to your problem and make you feel happy in your relationship.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My love life has changed for better since the interference of the most powerful spell caster on earth called Dr.Trust in my relationship, My testimony today is in regard of the help that Dr.Trust render me when my lover departed from me. My name is melisa from UAE and it gives me joy today in writing this testimony as a way of showing my appreciation to Dr.Trust and at the same time i am use this opportunity to advise those that are finding stress and pains in their relationship or marriages to contact Dr.Trust who is the best spell caster in the world through these contact him through is via web sit http://ultimatespellcast8.wix.com/ultimatespellcast or email Ultimatespellcast@gmail.com or call +2348156885231 Because Dr.Trust is the only one that can restore your marriage or relationship with love. He can also help to win lottery spell.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My love life has changed for better since the interference of the most powerful spell caster on earth called Dr.Trust in my relationship, My testimony today is in regard of the help that Dr.Trust render me when my lover departed from me. My name is melisa from UAE and it gives me joy today in writing this testimony as a way of showing my appreciation to Dr.Trust and at the same time i am use this opportunity to advise those that are finding stress and pains in their relationship or marriages to contact Dr.Trust who is the best spell caster in the world through these contact him through is via web sit http://ultimatespellcast8.wix.com/ultimatespellcast or email Ultimatespellcast@gmail.com or call +2348156885231 Because Dr.Trust is the only one that can restore your marriage or relationship with love. He can also help to win lottery spell.

    ReplyDelete